- There are so many hours of tv on my dvr, I’m actually stressed out trying to figure out how to watch it all(um, delete it??)
- I don’t think there is a more loathesome combo than tomatos and pecans. Seriously, don’t try it.
- I look at the clock EVERY SINGLE DAY at 6:17. Literally, EVERY DAY.
- I actually cried over spilled milk this morning. Had it been coffee, I may have been suicidal.
- I have an unnatural fear of squirrels. The kind of fear that may have ended up with me running in the house to hide from the little shit that was hanging off a tree. He was aiming for my head. Fucker.
- Heading to Saugatuck this weekend. Looking forward to some time at the water, but slightly concerned about the debauchery, esp with little ones around. This should be quite the blending of two worlds. Don’t worry, I’ve prepared. 2 bottles of vodka and a jar of blue cheese stuffed olives are already in my bag.
- I’m not cooking this week. We are only home 2 nights. Think we can make due.
- Weather, you’re a mean bitch. I can’t fathom what’s going on in the Plains. Jesus. Thoughts and love to all there.
- Really working on being thankful. And grateful, for everything big and small. It is a necessity in my world right now. And we are beyond blessed with an amazing family. Truly.
Party prep. Somebody bring mama a beer.
From the day before I met my son, to his first year, to the beginning of his second year last night.
This sweet little man is 2 today. How that’s possible, I can’t even imagine.
But looking at where we started, from the whisper of hope of ever having a child, from the simple difficulty of even conceiving him, to taking a staggering fall at 8 months, to the moment he was laid on my chest, I have never imagined this amount of love. The kind that wakes you up in the middle of the night, terrified to leave your child with another, the fear of him turning 18 and leaving. The urge to wrap him up in a tight, safe bubble, away from perps and predators and weirdos. But I can’t do that. I love him too much for that. So my sweet boy, here’s to many, many more birthdays and celebrations and milestones. I hope you feel all the love this weekend. It’s all for you.
After school/work pool parties and Pinot on ice. Classy as it gets.
Madcap Capp. Best in the city.
Good start to any morning.
Eats for the week
Tonight, picture posted, spaghetti and meatballs. Slight twist, as they are made with lean beef and spicy chorizo, instead of Italian sausage.
Monday: steak paninis and lemon soup
Tuesday: portobello burgers and roasted carrots
Wednesday: pesto ravioli bake
Thursday: feta filled chicken breasts
Friday: pizza made from whatever is left over(I’m rooting for kale, fontina and more pesto)
Saturday: tots bday party!
This little monkey woke us up at 5:15. So far we have played with play-doh, painted, blown bubbles, taken apart a truck and discovered his love of biscuits with rhubarb jam. Here’s to the happiest, hardest and most love filled 2 years of my life. Happy mama’s day!